[linux-dvb] Re: mixed DVB-c and -s cards

Hi,

Gerhard Steiner wrote:

> I have to buy a DVB-c card now.
> Maybe in 2 years I will have to switch to DVB-s.
>
> Is it possibile to use both cards in one system, while the
> DVB-c card will have no signal then?
> Can I use the DVB-s card for record and the DVB-c card for
> playback?

I had to do the same, but reverse way. First I had a DVB-S, but in my
new home there's no dish, so I had to buy a DVB-C. I'm using vdr with
this combination, and put the DVB-C in the CA-field of the channel.conf.
With the latest driver from cvs it works fine, the earlier versions were
unable to tune on my TT-DVB-C.
So there's no problem if one card has no connection to cable or dish, as
long as you don't try to tune a program on that card. That would of
cause fail!
Timeshifting of cause works fine with this combination. You even need
it, if you want to watch a program the same time it gets recorded, as
vdr can't switch to transfer-mode.

> Thanks for any help.
> Gerhard

Bye,