[linux-dvb] Re: Simultaneous video streams

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Ralph Metzler wrote:

> The Siemens DVB card (or any with AV7110) cannot do this. It cannot
> handle the bandwidth for much more than one normal TV channel (max.
> maybe 8-9 Mbit). If you want to record a complete transport stream get the
> WinTV Nova (=Technotrend budget) card.

Hi Ralph,

I have a DVB-T Nova.  I use it mostly to capture TV for playback later
with mplayer.

How would I go about capturing several different channels at once?  (That
is, several pairs of PIDs).

I don't think that the API can help with that - there's no way I can see
that several processes can each open a device, request certain PIDs and
then read them independently.

Do I understand correctly that I will need to write a server process that
gathers the union of all the pids desired and then demuxes them itself?

Thanks,
Steve