[linux-dvb] Re: Driver parameter for kabel cards

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 23:06, Gerhard Steiner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I heard, that I have to change the parameter QAM for UPC
> vienna from QAM_64 to QAM_256 to use it with a DVB-c card.
> How can I find out if this is correct?
> Where to get the correct value from? Is there any program
> where I can get it from?

I asked the local cable provider for the network settings. They provided
me with a list of all the bouquets, their frequencies, symbolrates and
QAM settings. Note that both the symbolrate and QAM setting might vary
from bouquet to bouquet. My provider has one bouquet qith QAM_64 and the
others are QAM_128. Almost half of the bouquets use srate=5.9M and theo
ther half 6.9M.

> And where do I have to change this value? In the driver, in
> VDR?

Use grep to look for QAM in the VDR sources. It is set to QAM_64. I
think the setting is in dvbapi.c...

I have a patch for VDR which uses the diseqc-value in channels.conf as a
QAM value. I just haven't gotten around to cleaning up the patch and
submitting it to Klaus :(

br, Lauri