[linux-dvb] Re: Composite out broken

> I have the same problem with one of my two cards. The CCVS out of one card
> was broken after a few days and i checked out, that my tv-set (an old on from
> Philips) produces a lot of leakage current on ground connections - DVB-s
> seems to be very sensitve to this. So i use this card for second card.

Just found out that I can still get a synched black/white picture on Y in the
CVBS+Y/C mode, so if C cooperates SVHS should still work. Even found an
somewhat hidden SVHS connector on my .... old Philips tv. Maybe some sort of
protection circuit would be advisable to prevent that nasty current leak. Any
ideas?

> Now the question:
> Is there anybody out there (Sorry, Roger) who have a cirquit circuit diagram
> (including partlists) for DVB-s (1.3)
> I am quite familiar with electronics, but i don't have the time, neither to
> create one from the hardware, nor to remove a card for this work.

If your Y/C still works like mine supposedly does, it should be possible to
convert that into CVBS using an resistor network. Don't know how, just read it
somewhere.

Ruurd.