[linux-dvb] Re: Composite out broken

Hello Ruurd,

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:07:31 -0800 (PST)
"Ruurd A. Reitsma" <rareitsma@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> two days after connecting my dvb-s to a different tv set than the one I used
> before (using the cvbs connector) , the signal was suddenly gone. Only a very
> weak black/white picture remains, completely out of sync. I suspect some sort
> of grounding problem blew some circuits on the dvb-s card. The tv input still
> works, as well as the rest of the dvb-s (video4linux picture=ok) . When
> changing the vidmode to 2 or 3 with the driver, at least some colour returns to
> the picture.

I have the same problem with one of my two cards. The CCVS out of one card was broken after a few days and i checked out, that my tv-set (an old on from Philips) produces a lot of leakage current on ground connections - DVB-s seems to be very sensitve to this. So i use this card for second card.

> The result is the same if I grab cvbs off J2. I haven't tried y/c or rgb, but
> i'm not sure if my tv likes those signals. Does anyone have the same experience
> or maybe even succesfully whipped out a soldering iron to corrects this?

Now the question:
Is there anybody out there (Sorry, Roger) who have a cirquit circuit diagram (including partlists) for DVB-s (1.3)
I am quite familiar with electronics, but i don't have the time, neither to create one from the hardware, nor to remove a card for this work.

  Christoph

--
"... and all the hippies work for IBM or take control ..."
Joe Jackson - Big World, 1987