[linux-dvb] Re: vfree during spin_lock hold (Was: (In)consistencyof DMX/DVR buffers and OSD ioctls)

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 02:10:06AM +0100, Ralph Metzler wrote:

[...]

> Im my experience it's better to reload the DVB driver in such
> a case.  I've seen never an arm crash which recovers without
> that.  Such crashes happens in replay mode of VDR with fast forward
> or backward and OSD usage afterwards.

After trying to reproduce this reliably, i begin to doubt that the ARM in
fact has crashed when this occurs. Looking at ARM crash detection, i really
begin to worry about a possible race there. I can't see anything stopping
the rdebi() function being used concurently by the ARM kernel thread and a
user process doing OSD. This certainly could mess up the crash detection
and lead to a reload when none is needed.

Andreas