[linux-dvb] Re: video signal gone

Hello Matthias,

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 18:12:43 +0200
"Matthias Queisler" <webmaster@internettest.de> wrote:

> > on my machine, the connection between the dvb card and the adapter with
> > the chinch connectors is not very strong, so it happens occasionally that
> > this connection is only connected "half way" - either there is no sound or
> > no video or both.
>
> I checked all connections and they are all ok. I slowly believe that my
> composite output is gone :(

check, if a RGB (or Y/C) signal is present. If yes, composite out is broken (maybe solder problems), if no, D/A conversion may defective. In the second case buy a second card and use the first one too.

> I forgot to mention that I got a DVBs 1.3.
> After checking the connections I tried to change the slot on my mainboard
> but it didn't help too.

Try a 'lspci -a' and load the driver. Now you might concatenate from the device into a file. So changing of PCI slots is not the solution.
Maybe one time, i'll buy a third card and take a look at the layout of my second card*, to generate a electrical diagram for people they don't hate SMDs.

> greets and thanks for any help,
>
> Matthias Queisler

Christoph

* Yes, timeshifting is great.

--
"... and all the hippies work for IBM or take control ..."
Joe Jackson - Big World, 1987