[linux-dvb] Re: video signal gone

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Matthias Queisler wrote:

> > on my machine, the connection between the dvb card and the adapter with
> > the chinch connectors is not very strong, so it happens occasionally that
> > this connection is only connected "half way" - either there is no sound or
> > no video or both.
>
> I checked all connections and they are all ok. I slowly believe that my
> composite output is gone :(
> I forgot to mention that I got a DVBs 1.3.
> After checking the connections I tried to change the slot on my mainboard
> but it didn't help too.
>
> greets and thanks for any help,
>
> Matthias Queisler

That's strange. Few days ago my card had similar problems (No picture,
only sound). Softwares worked ok. The few hours ago i noticed that some
picture is coming from composite. But its very dark and colors are mixed
up and it has funny waves. So i am pretty sure that my composite output is
broken. Btw i have 2.1 revision of the card. Well i belive my retailer
will change the card for me.

Jussi Räty