[linux-dvb] Multicast-IP-Filter removal

Wolfgang Wershofen writes:
 > Hi everybody,
 >
 > I have a question concerning the setting of multicast-filters for
 > IP-Networking with my DVB-card.
 >
 > When I ifconfig the DVB-network-device a set of 3 multicast-filters is
 > established according to /var/log/messages.
 > When traffic comes over the device, a fourth filter is set. This fourth
 > filter is removed again, when there was no traffic for some time.
 >
 > Is this removal of the "traffic"-filter triggered by some timeout and if
 > so, can I change the timeout-intervall?

This does not have anything to do with the driver. It only sets or
removes what it is being told through the kernel network interface
and that's controlled by whatever application you are using for
joining the multicast groups. So, you should change the timeout in
the application which sets the multicast filters.

Ralph