[linux-dvb] Re: signal noise ratio and signal strength

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> I'm using the FE_READ_SNR and FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH calls to the DVB
> api. I can read the values but I have a question: I'd like to know the
> range of values I can read from those calls. The minimum and the
> maximum, the meaning of the values, if positive and negative values are
> legal...

Ranges are mentioned in the DVB API Documentation (found in the source
tree).
Don't know the values by heart. I think it is 10^-6 db for SNR.
Also I am not sure whether it works for every hardware correctly.
E.G. my VES1893 gives at least correct values for SNR but for the
stv0299
of my budget card I always obtain 0...

Regards, Andreas.