[linux-dvb] Re: signal noise ratio and signal strength

Andreas Most wrote:

> Ranges are mentioned in the DVB API Documentation (found in the source
> tree).

It's written something but not the actual maximum and minimum values...
I've donwloaded the pdf file from linuxtv.org website.

> Don't know the values by heart. I think it is 10^-6 db for SNR.

Ja I already divide the values by 1E6, but I'd like to know the maximum
and minimum values to build an indicator from 0 to 10 do you understand?

I can't really find these values, I've also tried to watch into the
sources of the driver, but I think it's a firmware thing.

> Also I am not sure whether it works for every hardware correctly.
> E.G. my VES1893 gives at least correct values for SNR but for the
> stv0299
> of my budget card I always obtain 0...

You're right, this is another problem. However I wonder how programs
like Multidec or others can read signal strength and SNR values...

thank you
as