[linux-dvb] Re : CAMs - the never ending story...

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Another, IMO even more dangerous point is that with the availability
> of the infamous "SoftCAM", even people who have legally subscribed
> to a pay tv service tend to use the software solution instead of
> their original smart-card and hardware CAM, since the software CAM
> apparently works flawlessly. In the long run this could give LinuxDVB
> (and applications like VDR, for that matter) a "hacker" image, which
> I believe can't be in anybody's interest.

As Klaus says, It is a pity not been able to completly use my official
Canal+ Card (using ASTON CAM) with VDR.
Alternate languages is not working at all ... but it is working with
Softcam !

I developped a Teletext Subtitle extraction program based on Peter
Seyringer work that is useless is nobody can switch to orignal version
track.

I can confirm that Alternate language is working well with Hauppauge
Software or DVBControl under Windows.

Is there any hope ?

Patrick Gueneau