[linux-dvb] Nova card drops packets, but tuner reports 0 BER & 0 Uncorr blocks

Although the tuner reports a perfect signal, continuity count errors
occur on the filtered pids. I doubt that the transmitter is actually
dropping packets. The only other explanations seem to be either
erroneous reporting from the tuner or the dvr read code dropping packets.

I'm pretty sure that the tuner is correctly reporting.  I experimented
by misaligning the antenna and noticing that the BER goes up first and
the uncorr block count later. When the antenna is repositioned, both
values go back to zero.

The problem is also intermittent. Sometimes there are no cc errors and
sometimes they return. In both cases, the tuner reports a perfect
signal. Also, they are "real errors" as I can see pixelation in the
decoded output when there are cc errors and none when the cc errors go
away. The cvs and 0.9.4 drivers behave the same. Finally, it seems
independent of transponder.

I distilled this down to a 12 line loop in a test program that audits
the continuity count of selected pids. No errors are reported from the
dvr read.

Has anybody seen this?

Thanks,

Steve