[linux-dvb] Re: off-topic: streaming dvb over LAN

Try dvbstream - http://www.linuxstb.org/dvbstream/index.shtml

> just imagine splitting up VDR in frontend and backend (probably it is
> already split - i haven't kept upt with development), where the
> backend acts as a DVR/PVR/whatever, and also puts the EPG/metadata
> in a database.

This is would I would like to develop DVBstream into.

It currently works at a very simple level - dvbstream is the server, mplayer
is the client (or my rtptsaudio if you only want audio).  I have started a
simple telnet interface to enable the client to controls dvbstream, but I
just don't have any time to work on it.

Regards,

Dave.