[linux-dvb] Re: Nova card drops packets, but tuner reports 0BER & 0 Uncorr blocks

 > BTW: Marcus, rtuxzap doesn't want to work with my nova card. I don't
 > have the ir libraries. Symptom is: no response to keyboard commands. Is
 > it known to work with the Nova and no ir libs? I followed it as far as
 > verifying that the config file got read and the initial (default)
 > setting of the tuner succeeded.

Hmm, have to check that. Probably needs some more #ifdef s.
But your current problem seems to be with the hardware settings anyway.
It may be that the P4 is somehow too fast, so that the DMA cannot
finish in time before the data is read. We have been trying different
things on various systems now (no P4 though) and will see what can be done.
What kind of memory do you have and what chipset?

Marcus