[linux-dvb] Two VDR, any experiences

Hi,

because my vdr box isn't really quiet yet, I'm wondering, whether the
following scheme would work out of the box:

One vdr with several DVB-cards placed in the cellar, where it may cry
loudly
Another vdr with one DVB-card and DVD-drive in the livingroom.
All programming is done on the vdr in the livingroom
/video etc is in both cases on the vdr in the cellar
/etc/vdr of the cellar vdr will be used for both

I think, the only problem would be, to hinder the system in the
livingroom, to try to begin recording. But I'm not sure about the
communication between the several instances of vdr. Is this done via the
file or are there other methods used. I didn't investigate the source up
to now.

Of course the ideal solution would be, to have another vdr anywhere I
want to watch tv and connect them, to behave as one big vdr with several
output devices. Just dreaming.

Martin