[linux-dvb] Re: dvbtune usage with "-n" option

Dienstag, 7. Mai 2002 at 18:35 "aleohoh@libero.it" wrote:

> I want to use dvbtune to tune my card for receiving IP data.

> - dvbtune -c 0 -f 12123000 -p H -t 1 -s 27500 -n 454
> - I configure dvb0_0 (with ifconfig)

> Finally, I can see ethernet frames with tcpdump or in ifconfig's statistics, independently from my multicast settings (we are speaking about level 2 ISO/OSI).

> Are all these steps correct?

IMHO this is correct.

If you get the FE_STATUS line at the end of dvbtune's output with
FE_HAS_POWER FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
FE_HAS_SYNC
then your tuning was correct.
If you can see udp-packets coming thru the dvb0_0 device in tcpdump then
you should be able to use the interface for ip-networking. At least this
works for me.

--
Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com