[linux-dvb] Re: OT: 2-WAY Internet over SATELLITE

Axel Gruber wrote:
> The Price is also OK: 99 EURO/month.

That is cheap for a 768 kb/s Sat flat rate.

However, I do not believe that a 768 kb/s FLAT rate via Sat
is a viable business model, given the fact that one transponder
has only 38 Mb/s and costs an awful lot more than 5000 Euro/month.
38 * 1024 / 768 * 99 = 5016

So I would expect, that, as soon as more than 50 power users
subscribe to that service, you will either get lousy performance
or Tiscali will raise the price.

Do they guarantee the 99 Euro/month flat price for a longer period?

Do they guarantee a minimum bandwidth?

Do they support Linux?

Carsten.