[linux-dvb] Re: OT: 2-WAY Internet over SATELLITE

> Remember what happend to the ISDN-Flatrate.
Yes - but this was something complet differnet !
They had to pay for each Minute - I think tiscali pay only
for The traffic :-)

 Eutelsat Eurobird (28.5 Grad Ost) with a
> 75cm eliptic diameter (60 x 90cm) dish and a
> special Transceiver "TiscaliSat".

> The TiscaliSat "modem" is connected via USB
> or Ethernet to a W*-PC. Linux and Mac are planned for 2002...?
> Only IE and NS seems to be usable,
> only HTTP,FTP,ASP?(No POP3?).
> Bandwidth eating protocolls like "filesharing" may be forbitten/blocked.
> AFAIR: No "servers" are allowed on the PC.
> No "realtime" applications (due to the long RTT) makes sense.

Sometimes i realy donīt know why i write Mails to a ML ! :-(
If you read my mails you can see that everything works fine !
You have the full IP-Range + 1 Fix IP-Adress
If you donīt beleve me - you can login via SSH into my Network
via SAT .....

And - yes - if a Port (like Morpheus) is blocked you use a small
and cheap tool like HTTPTUNNEL and you can DL your XXX Video (if you
need it) with up to 70KB/s  with Morpheus...

> I think 1300 Euro for the first year + 1500 Euro startup cost is a
> lot of money for a very limited service...
Limited ???? - What is limited on this SERVICE ???? - yes you canīt play
ONline-Games - ha ha ha ha.....

Ok - other Calculation:

I have payed 120Euro for my ISDN-Flatrate (bevor sie pleite gegangen ist) for ISDN
with only 6KB/s.....

Now i pay 95EURO per Month + 34Euro Montly Rate for the HARDWARE

This is not cheap - but ok for me....