[linux-dvb] Re: J2 IR-Reciever - another question

Am Mon, 2002-05-13 um 19.17 schrieb Joerg Riechardt:
> Dariush Forouher wrote:
>
> > > How many volt do you have at drain with/without remote signal?
> >
> > Without signal: 2.10 V
> > With signal   :~2,25 V
> > (after the 220 Ohm resistor)
>
> that means, there is something wrong with your circuit
> do you have same values without the additional LED?
>
> > (I've no oszilloscope to messure, only a voltmetre)
>
> that's enough

I've just read that the transistor I used (BSS38) isn't compatible with
the BSS98. (I bought different types because I wasn't sure about
anything). I replaced it with the BS170 that should work, I was told.
But no voltage changes can be messured/seen with a LED with that
transistor. I've already tried different TSOP1738 and Condensators. Can
you please draw a simple circuit with that I can test the transistor?
(I've looked at the one from
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/BS/BS170.pdf, but I'm too stupid to see
what resistors I have to put before drain, gate and/or source).

I've also tried to cut down the cable (it's now about 20cm long).

ciao
Dariush