[linux-dvb] Re: probably driver bug...

> Those glitches don't seem to be errors in the MPEG stream, which

Exactly my conclusion, they are also not related to the earlier "glitches"
which where also blocks.

> usually look more like blocks. It could be a problem with PCI latency,
> although that usually shows up all the time. If the TV out shows a

Mmm, maybe i should try to increase/decrease?

> correct picture it has something to do with the DMA into video memory,

Video-Memory for sure? It happens when compied to main-memory but _not_
graphics card memory - definitely!!!

> which is not influenced by the firmware.
> What kind of chipset does your board have ?

Tekram BX chipset - others with the same problems might have completly
different chipsets.

> What graphics card?

Think that is not related byt i have an V3k, others have reported the same on
Matrox - but as above - the graphics output comes later and you can see the
flaws in grabbed images as well, but _never_ in the overlay directly.

I really think it has something to do with feeding the driver while replaying
in conflict with the ARM or the other chips writing into the dvb-onboard
memory frame memory. It seems to happen always when a disc interrupt (vdr
reading some data) occurs but that might be just coincidence.
I have no interrupt sharing activated and it happens with any PCI-slot but
just on cards replaying a stream...