[linux-dvb] Re: probably driver bug...

Guido Fiala writes:
 > I really think it has something to do with feeding the driver while replaying
 > in conflict with the ARM or the other chips writing into the dvb-onboard
 > memory frame memory. It seems to happen always when a disc interrupt (vdr

What other chips? Only the AV7110 can access the onboard video memory.
If there are no glitches in TV out it definitely cannot be firmware related.

 > reading some data) occurs but that might be just coincidence.
 > I have no interrupt sharing activated and it happens with any PCI-slot but
 > just on cards replaying a stream...

It is probably a conflict on the SAA7146 between DEBI DMA (into DPRAM)
and video DMA. You might want to play with burst sizes and priorities
of those in the SAA driver. The registers are all documented in the
SAA7146 specs.

Ralph