[linux-dvb] Videolan server and TS

=?utf-8?Q?aleohoh@libero.it?= writes:
 > Hello,
 > I asked to vls-ml why I have troubles with my Nexus trying to use VLS,
 > and this was the answer:
 >
 > *****
 > We currently don't support the Hauppauge Nexus card (only the Nova one).
 > The problem is that what get out of /dev/ost/dvr is not TS mpeg. We're
 > working on it.*****
 >
 > Infact in the CVS's Changelog, holger wrote:
 >
 > *****
 > [cut]
 > Bad News:
 > this is definitely not a TS, we'll have to see what we will have
 > to convert...
 > *****
 >
 > So, how is the situation now?
 > Or can I use "something" to convert the stream to TS on-the-fly, and
 > give it as input to Videolan server? Or am I saying a stupid thing?
 > TIA,

They probably need the pat and pmt information in the TS. There is a
small program in the driver's mpegtools  which is called
insert_pat_pmt. You can use that to insert them into the stream of TS
audio and video packets that comes out of /dev/dvr/ost.
I don't now if they also need PCR information in the stream to do
synching. That would be a little more difficult to achieve.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |