[linux-dvb] DishNetwork switch support (was: problems with NEWSTRUCT)

Hi Jeremy,

Jeremy Hall wrote:
> I tried a test program and indeed it works, but because of userspace
> jitter, the results are not quite reliable.  I'd like to get this
> implemented in the driver both on the NEWSTRUCT and standard branches.  I
> don't think it would be very hard to do. (previously I had a () mishap in
> the open statement that made fd always be 0, causing all the ioctl's to
> fail)

I'll implement this next days, but only in the NEWSTRUCT branch. CVS
head is stable, there we are very careful to implement new features or
change the API.

The jitter you are talking about is probably caused by delays on the i2c
bus.

> I based it on the output shown below.
>
> Because of my setup here, it will be necessary to send multiple commands
> at once, because I have multiple switches now--the sw-21 is connected to
> the sw-64 as a client on one terminal, and another LNB as its other
> terminal. (so if you want a signal behind the sw-64, you must first
> command the sw-21 to give you the correct input source so you can command
> the sw-64 through the sw-21)

This problem you have too when you use DiSEqC, the zap application
should know your setup and has to order/repeat messages appropriately.

Holger