[linux-dvb] Re: help, please?

>  - ./dvbtune -n <pid of the network card>
>   then it asked to tune the satellite card:
>   ./dvbtune -f 11473000 -p v -s 33300

I'm not quite shure if it is correct to put this in two separate steps.
I'd use ./dvbtune -f 11473000 - v -s 33300 -n <multicast- or unicast-pid>

> Bit error rate: 0
> Signal strength: 0
> SNR: 0
> FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_POWER FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER
> FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYN

>  - ifconfigure the dvb0_0

>     The dvbtune is great for it showed what it did, but the signal strength
> is 0. I have put in the Windows and the signal strenght is around 55% and
> signal quality is 100%.

Yes, I also get Signal Strength: 0, because dvbtune does not read the
correct registers on the nova cards. So more important are the
FE_STATUS-Codes. These above look perfect.

>     As there is no signal strength the tcpdump didn't show anything.
> Sorry to ask newbie questions but the dvbtune should not show at least some
> signal? and how about the unicast pid, should I not put somewhere else or it
> will read the configuration file .dvbrc?

Is the Satnode-Service a unicasting one? Sorry, I don't know much about
Satnode and I supposed it was Multicast.
So with Unicast, you can not see pakets coming through your dvb-card
unless you create the traffic yourself. Give the unicast pid over to
dvbtune behind "-n" and AFAIK you should be all set. Try to create some
traffic over the proxy and look into your dvb0_0 with iptraf or tcpdump.

the .dvbrc is not used by dvbtune.

>      I hope you also have answer for this, because really I would like that
> this satellite work in Linux. And Morocco also sent regards to Germany.

I know your feelings. I've been in the same position some months before
with a new service in Germany. Good Luck.

--
Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com