[linux-dvb] Re: Newstruct and DVB-C with QAM_256

Martin Neuditschko wrote:

> But SRTL (Super RTL) is working in Windows with the Hauppauge Tool.
> I have checked channels.conf again, but the values of my channels.conf
> are the same as the values from the Hauppauge Card.

Can you parse the NIT from any other stream in order to get some
information about the required parameters? If the NIT's are incorrect
you don't have another choice than scanning the possible parameter sets
on these frequencies.

> The channels list from Hauppauge has no "FEC" and no "QAM" as I see
> and the frequency is a bit different. It is always 12kHz higher.
> (For example for channel SuperRTL it is 570012 in the Hauppauge list
> and 570000000 in my own list. Could this be a reason?)

just try to insert the other frequency and see if these values work better.

> Why is the difference between the frequences always a multiple of 4MHz?
> Isn' t it possible that for expample between 570000000Hz and 574000000Hz
> is a frequence where also data is transmitted?

Usually an the frequencies (both for analog and digital cable and
terrestrial broadcast) are measured in 8MHz steps. 6MHz and 7MHz
bandwidth are specified in the standard but rarely used.

> Or isn't it possible that an other Cable-Provider uses the frequences
> like this: 571000000Hz, 575000000Hz,... ?

theoretically yes, but they should not do so.

> I have time and I will try to do it, but I don't know if I have the
> knowledge to do it.

feel free to ask!

Holger