[linux-dvb] Re: bttv and dvb

On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 19:28, fruit wrote:
> In article <000a01c2250c$69bec360$152ea8c0@desktop>,
>    Antonino Sergi <voyaser@tiscalinet.it> wrote:
>
> > I was trying to use DVB-S and BTTV at the same time, but only one can be
> > tuned: if I use the tuner.o module that comes with DVB driver,  DVB-S
> > works fine and not BTTV; if I use the tuner.o module that comes with
> > BTTV driver,  BTTV works fine and not DVB-S;
>
> > I tryed to compare tuner.c(DVB-20020704) with tuner.c(BTTV-0.7.x), but I
> > can't find relevant (for me) differences.
>
> > any idea
>
> I had similar problems, but ISTR a post to the list indicating that it
> should work OK.
>
> The fix I used here is to rename the DVB tuner.o to dvb_tuner.o and alter
> references to tuner.o in the insmod and rmmod sections of Makefile to
> dvb_tuner.o
>
> HTH
>
> Andy

I thought about this solution but, looking at the code (I'm not a kernel
module expert), it seems to me that DVB's tuner.o should tune BTTV, so
I'd like to understand why.

Greetings
--
                                    Antonino Sergi

La strenua predilezione umana per l'irrilevante e' il peggior
      nemico della nostra specie!

The tireless human fondness for unremarkable things is the
      worst enemy of our species!

                                    Antonino Sergi