[linux-dvb] Re: network problems - forzing - solved

Samstag, 13. Juli 2002 at 20:26 Denis Zhdanov wrote:

> This not Denis Fedorischenko, but another Denis.
> Sorry for this, I'll wrote English readme ASAP, in Monday morning.
> I don't know will this driver work with multicast, maybe not. It's based on Convergence
> driver version from January 2002.

Hi Denis,

thanx for your answer. AFAIK MC-Support was established into the
convergence-driver in February, so that's bad news for us.

I understood in some former mails to the linux-dvb-list by Denis
Fedorischenko, that he had problems with system freezes when using
multicast-networking. So maybe there was some misunderstanding.

I hoped, the patch was for multicasting, too, because we have similar
problems with freezing or rebooting, when using full-featured DVB-s
cards and multicasting network-service of T-DSLviaSAT offered since May
2002 by Deutsche Telekom.

Anyway, I can't test the patch by myself, because I only own a
budget-card and these work fine with mc-traffic. I posted Denis' mail
concerning the patch on the TDSLviaSat-Forum and maybe someone there
will test it with a full featured card. Then we will get to know, if it
works or not.

> Now I can say that:
> 1. unpack it in /usr/local ONLY

> cd /usr/local
> tar -xvpzf DVB-H2.tar.gz

> Now you got directory /usr/local/DVB-H2.

> 2. cd DVB-H2/driver
> make - compile driver

> 3. make insmod - run driver.
> Now use dvbtune program for tuning and set network interface, it's README in English.

Thanks for these instructions. I'll check in for the new version of the
README next week.

--
Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com