[linux-dvb] Different purpose

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jordi_Vil=E0?= writes:
 > Hi all, I recently acquired a Hauppauge WinTV-Nexus-S and I haven't
 > rested until having it working under Linux (RH 7.3) as well as VDR (I'm
 > mostly a WindowsBubbleBoy, so it took me a while).
 >
 > But my main objectives with it are different:
 >
 > 1. For home: record a program with several audio tracks at a time, so I
 > can later convert movies to the dubbed version and the original language
 > version.

Can be done, maybe problems with encrypted channels, ask on the vdr
list for details.

 > 2. For the office (the reason why I told my boss to buy the card ;-):
 > estimate the bandwidth used for every track in the MPEG flow, like
 > video(s), audio(s), interactive apps, etc.

Can also be done with some programming. A budget card would be better
suited, because there you can get the entire transport stream and
analyse it accordingly. With the Nexus you will have to set filters
for the separate parts of the TS and analyse those individually.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |