[linux-dvb] Different purpose

mocm@metzlerbros.de wrote:

> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jordi_Vil=E0?= writes:
>  > Hi all, I recently acquired a Hauppauge WinTV-Nexus-S and I haven't
>  > rested until having it working under Linux (RH 7.3) as well as VDR (I'm
>  > mostly a WindowsBubbleBoy, so it took me a while).
>  >
>  > But my main objectives with it are different:
>  >
>  > 1. For home: record a program with several audio tracks at a time, so I
>  > can later convert movies to the dubbed version and the original language
>  > version.
>
> Can be done, maybe problems with encrypted channels, ask on the vdr
> list for details.

Hello,

Be prepared to have big troubles recording encrypted channels alternate
audio tracks. From what I understood reading VDR Maillist (and it is the
case for my ASTON Cam) you won't be able to record more than one audio
track. Depending on CAM you will or won't be able to choose between
different Audio Pids ; I can only record French (main) Audio track using
ASTON Cam and VDR.

I am really sorry for that but still hopping for future improvement.
BTW, Windows Software is working better with CAM than DVB Linux Driver
(I am sorry for that too).

Patrick.