[linux-dvb] Problem with DVB drivers and Video card

Hi,

I still have problem for installing DVB drivers on my linux box.

Satellite dish:	pointed to Astra 1G
Card:			Hauppauge WinTV Nova PCI
Chipset:		Intel i815 (on motherboard)
OS:			Debian 3.0
Kernel:		2.4.18

First problem:
--------------
I tried to follow your instructions using CVS server.
Download seems to fail, so I used the package from there:
http://www.linuxdvb.tv/download/dvb-20020725.tar.bz2

I read "INSTALL" file, but I don't really understand some of the
instructions in it:

>  You have to have the i2c and videodev drivers enabled
>  in your kernel to use the DVB driver.

I can't find these options in "make xconfig".
Where do I have to enable these drivers in the config interface ?

>  You should also see a picture of Pro7 on the composite
>  output now (only if you have an LNB pointing on Astra 1e
>  connected to the antenna input of course).
>  If you do not get a picture this might be the fault of
>  a still unresolved timing problem on some hardware.
>  But the driver should still work with the tuxzap application.

What do you mean by "see a picture of Pro7" ?

>  Sample config files for the tuxzap applications are in
>  DVB/apps/ copy them to .dvbrc.

Where has this file ".dvbrc" to be put ?
--> user's home directory ?

And, before installing any application (dvbtune, etc...), how can I
confirm my drivers are OK ?
"lsmod" command line ?

Second problem:
---------------
Intel i815 chipset is very bad supported by Xfree 3.3.6 on Debian
distribution. Has anybody ever tried to configure such a card with XFree
and Debian ?

As a starting point, I replaced this card by the ATI Mach 64.
ATI Mach64 is not supported for displaying video from NOVA card (no
OVERLAY parameter), but do you think it will prevent me from installing
DVB driver and receiving signal on my linux, from LNB ?

Sorry for my newbie questions... but I'm OK for writing a full detailed
"howto for newbies" ;-) when my installation is successfull.

--
Samuel Torton
http://www.ncslab.com