[linux-dvb] dvbtune can't tune with newest drivers and nova-cards

Hi everybody,

I just discovered, that there seems to be a problem tuning
budget-cards with dvbtune when using the newest dvb-drivers.

Until today, I used dvbtune with the driver-snapshop from May, 21st,
without any problems. Things looked like this:

<snip>
#> dvbtune -c 0 -f 10773250 -p H -s 22000 -n 251
tuning DVB-S to L-Band:1023250, Pol:H Srate=22000000, 22kHz=off
SEC BUS MODE:  IDLE (0)
SEC VOLTAGE:  18 (4)
SEC CONT TONE: OFF
Getting frontend event
Received completion event
Event:  Frequency: 11819500
        SymbolRate: 22000000
        FEC_inner:  0

Bit error rate: 0
Signal strength: 0
SNR: 0
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_POWER FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER
FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Successfully opened network device, please configure the dvb interface
</snip>

After insmoding the newest drivers from todays snapshot, things look like
this:

<snip>
#> dvbtune -c 0 -f 10773250 -p H -s 22000 -n 251
tuning DVB-S to L-Band:1023250, Pol:H Srate=22000000, 22kHz=off
SEC BUS MODE:  IDLE (0)
SEC VOLTAGE:  18 (4)
SEC CONT TONE: OFF
Getting frontend event
Received completion event
Event:  Frequency: 11819500
        SymbolRate: 22000000
        FEC_inner:  0

Bit error rate: 190429824
Signal strength: -67185000
SNR: 0
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_POWER FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_CARRIER
Successfully opened network device, please configure the dvb interface
</snip>

It's nice, that BER und Signal strength are showning Non-Zero values
now, but obviously the tuning was not quite successfull, since FE_STATUS
don't show FE_HAS_LOCK and FE_HAS_SYNC anymore.

So something seems to have changed concerning tuning of
Nova/budget-cards since May, 21st and this prevents dvbtune to work
correctly. I'm using a TT budget card but heard the same problems from
people using a Hauppauge WinTV-nova.

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Wolfgang