[linux-dvb] Re: CAM's and legal stuff

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Lauri Tischler (LT) wrote:

LT> > > Kitchen knives _can_ be used to chop familymembers into slices,
LT> > > maybe they should be declared illegal :)

even  another  example:  any tv set could be used to show illegal content.
Why don't make tv sets illegal?

But  that's  not  the  point: In the examples with the knives and tv sets,
most  of  the people use them the legal way, only very few - in an illegal
way.

With  the  SoftCams  its  the  other  way  around: most people will use it
without subscription. Only few will do it legally.

to  turn your knife-example around: Why don't we make nuclear bombs legal?
probably  some  people  just want to have one in their garden, because the
things  look  nice  or  whatever.  This  people are _not_ going to use the
bombs.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de