[linux-dvb] Re: NEWSTRUCT and gnufirm

Benjamin Forgeau wrote:
> 	Hi you all,
>
> 	I checked out the "NEWSTRUCT" branch of DVB. I noticed that the
> firmware is not there anymore. Is that normal? Is the ROM firmware used?

The firmware is located in DVB/driver/av7110/, the binary files are
called Dpram and Root.

> 	Once again I am very puzzled by this ARM stuff. I cannot figure out
> what is actually done by the ARM, and what by the processor.

Please check the mailing list archive, if I remember correctly Ralph
explained this very detailed a while ago.

here only the short version: the firmware cares about tone/DiSEqC
generation, TS demultiplexing, CI communication.

> 	I would like to save on disk one channel while watching another one,
> provided that the two channels are on the same frequency. Is that
> possible?

yes. Set PID filters for the channel you want to watch so that the MPEG
decoder will get the PES streams. Then set other filters up so that the
streams of the second program will go into memory.

Holger