[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV-NOVA 2 in 1: code rate & network interface

Wednesday, 7. August 2002 at 15:09 Alexander Nasonov wrote:

> Second, I can't activate dvb0_0. The dvb_net module uses section_* functions
> which simply don't work with my card.
> With dvbstream I see echo replies to my pings but these packets don't come
> into linux ip sybsystem. Is there any way to setup network device?

There are two ways to activate the network device. Somebody in Russia (I
believe) has invented a small tool named network_activator, which only
does bring up the dvb network interface on a given pid.
The second - and in my opinion preferable - way is to use Dave Chapman's
dvbtune utility. There you can tune your card to the frequency you need
and bring up the network interface in one step using the "-n" switch.
See www.linuxstb.org for details.
After dvbtune you ifconfig dvb0_0 and you're all set to receive ip
pakets with you dvb card.
Awfully, dvbtune does not work with the latest CVS-drivers. I use
CVS-drivers from May, 21st and it's working perfectly. I put this onto
the list some days ago, but did not get any response up to now.

Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com