[linux-dvb] Newby troubles...

Alessandro Pasotti writes:
 > - LNB: I have two LNB (Astra and HotBird without DiSEqC) and it seems I can't
 > switch to Astra channels, I get only HotBird. With my previous analog decoder
 > the switching was automatic: I just set the L.O.F. in the LNB setup menu and
 > everything was ok.

It does not sound like you have proper digital reception equipment.
Are you using Universal LNBs? Judging from the frequency offsets you
observed, probably not.

Furthermore, are you switching between LNBs with a 22KHz switch?
You cannot do that since the Universal LNBs (if or once you have any)
would need this signal to switch the frequency range. That's why
DiSEqc is used.

Ralph