[linux-dvb] Newby troubles...

Hi all,

I'm building a set-top linux based ox with HAUPPAUGE DVB NEXUS-S and VDR, I
got the latest versions and installation was ok... after many hours of tuning
I was stopped by the following problems:

- REMOTE: I installed LIRC anc tried compiling VDR first with LIRC and then
with RCU support: Nexus has its own remote and when I press a key syslog says
something like "dvb: 0x00000123" showing the remote key code. Nothing happens
to VDR side, LIRC was configured with i2c and dev without success, VDR says
it can't connect to LIRC.

- LNB: I have two LNB (Astra and HotBird without DiSEqC) and it seems I can't
switch to Astra channels, I get only HotBird. With my previous analog decoder
the switching was automatic: I just set the L.O.F. in the LNB setup menu and
everything was ok.

- dtv_scan: I get the transponders list for Astra and HB from the net and
started scanning: It seems that both satellites are searched... (??? I'm very
newby and I don't understand how the card knows which LNB to use...) but
frequencies are wrong: for example under transponder 98 HotBird13E
freq.12673V  instead of telespazio channels I found RAI1, RAI2 & C. that
should be at transponder 54  freq.11804 I feel that frequencies are about
870GHZ lower than those found by dtv_scan (is this possible?).

- VDR PANIC: many channels cause VDR to complain about channels not being
synced to DVB card and it do an emergency exit.

I hope some gurus will help me: I really do not want to re-install windows,
after so many years without it!

Bye.

--
Alessandro Pasotti