[linux-dvb] Re: Future of linux dvb

Jeremy Hall wrote:
> In the new year, Holger Waechtler wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>>=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Harri_Pietil=E4?= writes:
>>
>>There were some minor changes in the Demux API (not-equal-filters) as
>>well. We think about some extensions in the ca-API to allow access to
>>raw smartcard interfaces.
>>

> Can you go into more detail on this?

We are not yet sure how it will be done. The only thing that is done is
  CA_SC define in ca.h for the type field in struct ca_slot_info_s.

Maybe the smardcard device will get it's own device /dev/scardX, this
would have the advantage that you can use it for other smartcards, too.
All communication with this device is done usin read/write calls, beside
this a config- and a reset-ioctl will be required.

Holger