[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle PCTV

Hello Peter,
I am new here, just subscribed. I came here because of difficulties with the
Pinnacle software under W2k on my early Athlon-700MHz. For linux and your
PCTV-Sat driver I am using a self-compiled 2.4.18 kernel and otherwise
SuSE-8.0.
For me the value in bt->writebuf as it is given to the tasklet appears not
very reliable. When I insert something like

--------------------------
   static int next_writebuf = 0;
   cp_writebuf = bt->writebuf;			// on the fly copy of bt->writebuf
   if (cp_writebuf != next_writebuf)
   {
      printk("pctv debug: tasklet: writebuf %d, expected %d, read %d\n",
cp_writebuf, next_writebuf, bt->readbuf);
      bt->readbuf = cp_writebuf;
      bt->readptr = 0;
      next_writebuf = (cp_writebuf + 1) % bt->nbuffers;
      return;
   }
   next_writebuf = (cp_writebuf + 1) % bt->nbuffers;

into the tasklet everything looks fine for the first 30 to 45 sec. But then
things become congested somehow and I get discontinuities in the writebuf,
mostly by 1. This is independent from the kind of spinlocks. I use dvbstream
to write to a file or to /dev/nul.
Do you think that this is a feature of the driver or a peculiarity of my
system?
Regards
Michael Rickmann