[linux-dvb] Re: Diseqc capabilities in old driver?

Hi,

thanx for your answer,

> > There are some questions I have (reg. secSendSequence):
> > 1) Are there any delays between the different signaling parts
> > in this function (sending diseqc msg, pause, send burst, pause,
> > set voltage, pause, set ton)? And if yes, how long do they last?
>
> there are, but they are not specified and IIRC they don't match the
> delays required by the DiSEqC spec.

[...]
> not without touching the driver source.

Does it mean, that the old driver source won't be touched in the future?

> > Any comments are welcome :)
>
> use the NEWSTRUCT branch, you can get a ported VDR from Klaus'
> Schmidinger's ftp-server. We changed the DiSEqC API in order to allow
> more flexibility, now the application can control all these parameters.
> I would be happy to help in any problems you encounter.

I already checked the new driver and Klaus' new vdr (1.1.8). I just
thought about the few people using the new version (+ NEWSTRUCT
driver), but I think you are right, I will try this combination.

> Please don't forget to publish your modifications, I'm sure that there
> are more people interested in a complete DiSEqC support of VDR.

Of course, I hope there will be a first release soon ... ;)

BTW: I encountered a problem in the diseqc-test-program from the
NEWSTRUCT driver:The first line of the diseqc_send_msg-function:
     ioctl (fd, FE_SET_TONE, SEC_TONE_ON);
should be:
     ioctl (fd, FE_SET_TONE, SEC_TONE_OFF);
according to the specs from eutelsat.