[linux-dvb] Re: Diseqc capabilities in old driver?

Reiner Rosin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after thinking about a better diseqc-support within vdr, I checked
> the old driver today (since I want to modify vdr 1.04).

why don't you want to use the current VDR version ported on the
NEWSTRUCT branch of the driver?

> There are some questions I have (reg. secSendSequence):
> 1) Are there any delays between the different signaling parts
> in this function (sending diseqc msg, pause, send burst, pause,
> set voltage, pause, set ton)? And if yes, how long do they last?

there are, but they are not specified and IIRC they don't match the
delays required by the DiSEqC spec.

> 2) Is it possible to disable the simple repeat-function in the
> SEC_CMDTYPE_DISEQC-case, so one can build it's own
> diseqc-command-sequences (with repeating).

not without touching the driver source.

> 3) Is it possible to disable tone at the beginning of this
> function (diseqc-spec)?

not without touching the driver source.

> 4) Is it possible to set the voltage at the beginning (instead at the
> end) (diseqc-spec)?

not without touching the driver source.

> Any comments are welcome :)

use the NEWSTRUCT branch, you can get a ported VDR from Klaus'
Schmidinger's ftp-server. We changed the DiSEqC API in order to allow
more flexibility, now the application can control all these parameters.
I would be happy to help in any problems you encounter.

Please don't forget to publish your modifications, I'm sure that there
are more people interested in a complete DiSEqC support of VDR.

good luck,

Holger