[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T not working with 'old' driver

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 10:07:59AM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> VDR will soon use the full DVB-T and DVB-C set of parameters for tuning.

Ah, in that case I have a question, as I wonder if the following is
related with this, or you might know an answer to this issue.

I have a DVB-C card from Hauppauge and my cable provider ist Kabel-BW
(the former Deutsche Telekom network).  I am using NEWSTRUCT drivers
and vdr-1.1.10.  I do not use pay-TV channels, but only ARD and ZDF
channels.  I can tune to all channels that are on the ZDF transponder
without problems.  The same with the first of the two ARD
transponders.  But on all channels that are hosted on the second ARD
transponder, I receive either no picture and no sound, or sometimes I
get some flickering parts of the picture (about 1/5) and some clicking
sound.

Might this be a driver problem?

Might this be a setup problem?

Or must this be a problem with signal strength provided by cable
provider?  Is there a tool to meassure such things?

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker	mailto:rschiele@uni-mannheim.de