[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C card NTL in UK

> I'm quite sure that this is not possible, not due to any technical
> limitation, but simply due to ntl.

Damn ! Thanks anyway. Now got ot ask...

Is this card/decoder pairing part of the Nagravision encryption system or a
more general DVB-CA Standard ?

I don't suppose you can fool the card into thinking the cam is the ntlbox ?
by setting the serialnumber in your cam (or whatever it is called) to the
same one as your set-top-box ?

I know you can buy re-programmable cam's is it possible to program a nagravsion
cam with different id ? which I can use with my subscription smartcard ?