[linux-dvb] Re: Driver 2002-11-08 problems

Martin Hammerschmid wrote:
> Holger Waechtler wrote:
>
>>Martin Hammerschmid wrote:

>>>well, this tiny patch does the trick for my 2.4.17 kernel.
>>>still don't understand why it does not work for me as it is.
>>
>>Have you enabled module versioning? switch it off.
>

>    [*] Enable loadable module support
>    [*]   Set version information on all module symbols
>    [*]   Kernel module loader

that's exactly causing the problem. remap_page_range has now the name
remap_page_range_AND_A_VOODOO_VERSION_NUMBER, so the module loader can't
resolve the symbol. I'll try to find a workaround, we need some more
macro voodoo, something like _set_ver(remap_page_range).

Could one of you with enabled module versioning please try to find a fix
and send me a patch?

Holger