[linux-dvb] Re: crc32 check for section filters working again,hardware acceleration hooks

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 09:44:26PM +0100, Holger Waechtler wrote:
>

>>For 2.5 kernels I applied a patch from David Woodhouse which uses the
>>generic crc32 code if available. The fallback code (former dvb_crc32)
>>has moved to compat.c and will only get compiled in for 2.4 kernels.
>>
>>Please test and report any problems,
>

> Could you explain what is to be done for testing under 2.5?

check out the dvb-kernel module and patch your 2.5 source tree:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv login
[press enter]
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel
$ cd dvb-kernel
$ ./makelinks /usr/src/linux-2.5.46

The argument of makelinks is the path to wherever you have your kernel
source tree. Then configure, build & install the kernel.

good luck,

Holger