[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C anyone got it tuning /latest cvs?

Matthias Balschuweit wrote:
> Hello Micael,
>
> On Sunday, 17. November 2002, 16:43:46, you wrote:
>
>>So this is a small poll for you out there using the latest drivers,
>>for dvb-c; Did you get it to tune?
>
> No. Well, at least not in vdr. I can tune to a channel if I force czap
> to use INVERSION_ON in the czap-channels.conf. A few days ago I
> patched the drivers to use only INVERSION_ON, that way I had a picture
> on some channels in vdr, but after some channel-switching all went
> black. In the 20021117-drivers this didn't work, but it could be a
> coincidence, I am not aware of changes in that part of the code...

The inversion setting is a tuning parameter and needs to be part of the
channel list. Some frontends can determine this automatically, some not.
So you should always set this parameter according to your local needs
when passing the frontend parameters.

> Interestingly the combination of 20020623-drivers and vdr-1.0.4 works
> flawlessly. And, btw, "scan" from the drivers-package gives me a
> segmentation fault after telling me three times of a filter pid
> timeout, don't know if thats important.

Could you please try to run scan in gdb and send me the stacktrace after
the segfault?

thanks,

Holger