[linux-dvb] Re: outcommand error normal?

Hello Joerg,

Now you confuse me!

Of course I understand the word 'error' but the question where rather
how serious outcommand error 1 should be taken.

Holger says this is a serious error, and you say that it may just be
bad frequency or poor reception. Well, reception is fine here, but the
frequency I'm not too sure about. What is the best way of finding the
center frequency? I retrieved the frequency list by using a windows
program (the one coming with the drivers, I believe).

(Swedish comhem (cable supplier) does not tell their frequencies, and
I cannot see them on the cable box either).

Note that I do get a lock, and my guess is that czap are speaking to
the driver while the arm is busy trying to lock, and the driver then
timeouts because arm is busy/working hard.
This is my conclusion since it seams that I get a lock after 15-20
seconds even if I ctrl-c czap after the first try.
I then do not get the outcommand error.

Thanks,
 - Micael

jftmd> hi,

jftmd> it's like holger said already..
jftmd> if you get outcommand errors, there must be something wrong (thats the sin
jftmd> of the word 'error')

jftmd> but there can be another reason, then a hardware fault.
jftmd> are you shure, that your frequencies are correct, and that your cable tv
jftmd> provider really provides digital tv??

jftmd> i have the same problems with my really small sattelite dish. if the dish
jftmd> isn't in the right position, and the driver can't get a sync, i will get
jftmd> outcommand errors and sometimes the arm crashes.

jftmd> so please get rid of the things i said above..

jftmd> joerg