[linux-dvb] Re: outcommand error normal?

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Holger Waechtler wrote:

> Hi Micael,
>
> no, outcommand errors indicate always serious troubles. Either hardware
> faults, interrupt problems, a crashed ARM or other problems regarding
> the communication with the ARM processor.
>
> Please check your installation, try another PCI slot, another computer
> and when you experience the problem there too: bring your card back to
> your vendor and get another one.
>
> Holger
>

> Micael Beronius wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In my quest to get vdr up and running, I have concluded that there
> > must be something wrong with my set-up and/or the DVB driver.
> >
> > Looking in logs etc. the only error that I get, is the "outcommand
> > error 1". Is this a "normal" error, or is it perhaps a clue why things
> > does not work for me?
> >
> > I get this when, for instance, I use czap to tune to a channel. I also
> > get it when I start vdr.
> >
> > With czap, I can now at least tune to a channel (takes a good while
> > 10-30 seconds normally).
> >
> > I have:
> > 1800 Athlon, KT266 chipset.
> > Gentoo linux 2.4.19-r9, gcc 3.2
> > DVB-C 2.1 card

hi,

it's like holger said already..
if you get outcommand errors, there must be something wrong (thats the sin
of the word 'error')

but there can be another reason, then a hardware fault.
are you shure, that your frequencies are correct, and that your cable tv
provider really provides digital tv??

i have the same problems with my really small sattelite dish. if the dish
isn't in the right position, and the driver can't get a sync, i will get
outcommand errors and sometimes the arm crashes.

so please get rid of the things i said above..

joerg