[linux-dvb] Re: TT DVB-T not working

Hello!

Am Mittwoch, 20. November 2002 13:14 schrieb Nils Ohlmeier:
> i did made a 'cvs update' a few minutes ago and applied Jürgens patch.
> Then i insmoded the driver and tryed 'tzap ZDF'. No luck.
> But Juri is right with his advice to load and unload the driver a few
> times. This leads sometimes to the result that the tzap output changes from
> the all zero line to 'status 17' and 'FE_HAS_LOCK' at the end of the line.
> But nevertheless no picture.
> Maybe some facts about my system are helpfull:
> Gentoo Linux 1.4_rc1, kernel 2.4.19-gentoo-r9, gcc 3.2
> Athlon XP 1900+, Asus A7V8X board with Via KT400 chipset, addtionaly to my
> TT DVB-T 1.2 card a Hauppauge WinTV card is installed and shares the
> interrupt with the TT (but i also tried it without the bttv driver loaded).
>
> I'm open for any hints. Should i try to remove the WinTV card for example?

I think you have the same problems I had, when I started to tune my DVB-T
board the first time. The solution in my case: I had a very bad reception
with my indoor antenna at a specific location. Please start "tzap pro7", take
your antenna and run around in your living room. After a while, you'll see
some artefacts and if you're lucky, you'll see a perfect and clear picture. I
had a conversation with Holger for one or two weeks and I'm still sorry for
my annoyance, because at the end it was just a bad reception...

Andi
--
Web:   http://www.flood-net.de/
Mail:  flood@flood-net.de

Linux SetTopBox!  http://www.flood-net.de/flood/projects/liquid/
Windows sucks, Linux rules :-)              http://srom.zgp.org/
Who needs DivX?                          telnet blinkenlights.nl