[linux-dvb] Re: mpegtools: ts2ps and AC3

Thomas Koch writes:

 > Am Samstag, 23.11.02, um 00:50 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Marcus
 > Metzler:
 >
 > > Try the dvb-mpegtools at http://www.metzlerbros.de/mbros/dvb/.
 > > They should work with ATSC streams. I tried it with some sample
 > > streams we got. I think there was some error I fixed recently, so that
 > > it won't be corrected in the convergence CVS.
 >
 > Why don't you use the CVS server at convergence?

because of:

- creational differences

- the old licensing policy (OK, that changed)

- the circumstances of our departure from convergence

- we don't have access anymore anyway

 > Why have you and Ralph stopped your (good!) work on the DVB driver?

We have not stopped working on the DVB driver. We have our own
development tree which we are busy working on and which also includes
support for some new cards. We are not currently releasing new
versions but will do so in the future. The release dates of some parts
(and if as source or binary) will depend on the plans of the people
who sponsored them.

Ralph